ELTEA´s M&A team regularly deals with operations of acquisition and transfer of companies. Our assistance covers every stage of these operations, including the tax aspects and financial flows related issues.
ELTEA´s clientele is composed of French or international groups, listed groups, investment funds, SMEs or Mid-caps, private persons, families or family companies, institutional investors and associations. Our team mainly intervenes in the sectors of consumption goods, real estate, financial services, telecoms, innovative technologies, the wines and alcoholic beverages industry, and assists its clients in the following operations:
- Full set of due diligence services, analysis and recommendation, including for a previous limited review, vendor due diligence, red flag reports, reliance letter, etc.
- Negotiation and drafting of contractual documents (indicative offer, engaging definitive offer, term sheet, buy and sell agreements, liabilities guarantee, specific guarantees, guarantees in the form of insurance, pledges, other securities, closing certificate, reiterative act)
- For the needs of the due diligences and accessory or transitory contracts, capacity of intervention in all the common legal fields (copyright, personal data, commercial contracts – client/distributor/supplier – taxation, Labor and Social Security Law, Corporate Law, real estate)
- Punctual assistance for major operations requiring a specific intervention in France
- Restructuring of companies or organizational charts under the transition period between the signing of the agreements and the carrying out of the sale, such as a merger, a partial assets contribution, a scission …
- Carve out or restructuring operation following financial difficulties or suspension of payments with the support of the Insolvency-Restructuring and Labor Law teams
- Assistance in Corporate Law entirely adaptable for the annual approval of the accounts, the designation of the legal representatives and corporate officers, power, minutes of council or assembly
- Fundraising in equity or quasi equity, operations of issuance of complex securities
- Renegotiation of the debt, equity or debt securities following financial difficulties, in order to restore the cash position, in cooperation with the Insolvency – Restructuring team
ELTEA´s clientele is composed of investors (corporate, investment funds and institutional investors, family office, entrepreneurs …) and target companies (entrepreneurs, SMEs and Mid-caps, ETIs) on behalf of which our team intervenes mainly in the following areas:
- Taking majority or minority stake, at all stages of maturity (risk capital, development capital, transfer…) through the issuance of shares, redeemable shares, debt securities, convertible or exchangeable bonds…
- Operations of LBO, LMBO, BIMBO, OBO …, including the set-up of the financing (senior and/or mezzanine), structuring (equity, debt tax and fund flows), and the management packages